Most moms are looking for solutions to get their baby to sleep soundly through the night Follow these “best practices,” and you will be on the road to a better night sleep.
- Environment: Make sure your baby's room is primed for the best night's sleep possible. Consider buying a noise machine to help lull your little one to sleep ( and to block out any outside noise). Ensure there is no light coming into the room. Many studies suggest that even the smallest amount of light can inhibit melatonin get production, making it harder for your baby to fall asleep and stay asleep. Get rid of that nightlight and install blackout shades. Also, check that it is not too hot, cold, humid, or dry in the room, and adjust accordingly.
- Feed before bed: Most babies who reach a certain age do not need to eat at night. Speak to your doctor about whether your baby can go the night without food, and then make sure your baby is full before you put him down. Once your baby goes a night or two without food, he or she will have less incentive to wake up and will start to consume those extra calories during the day.
- Put into crib drowsy, but awake: If you let your little one put themselves to sleep, your baby will be much more likely to stay asleep through the night. Don't put them down already half asleep; rather, make sure they are calm and awake. This is one of the biggest culprits of night wakings. Promote independent sleep as much as possible.
- Bedtime Routine: A consistent bedtime routine is a good way to wind down from the day and to let your baby know that it is time for bed. Your bedtime routine should last for 15-30 minutes and should be calm and consistent, including things like a baby massage, reading books, or singing songs. Be creative.
- Don’t encourage bad habits: In the end, sleep training is just a behavioral adjustment. The sooner you start helping your baby sleep through the night, the less time he will spend solidifying his bad sleep habits. A well rested baby means a happier family
Get a personalized sleep plan and your very own mommy cheerleader.
Check out the consultation packages today, and start dreaming tonight.
If you have questions about this information or would like more details we are here for you! Send us a message or comment below!
Stay tuned for more...
Happy Sleeping ! 💤